Friday, February 10, 2006

Oh My Not So Aching Back

I had another chiropractic appointment this afternoon with Dr. Angela Lundy at Lakeshore Chiropractic Clinc. I was originally told I'd be seeing Dr. Heather Norman, but for whatever reason I became Dr. Lundy's patient. I am so glad. She's great! We did X-Rays, and this cool thing called Static Scanning sEMG to see where my muscles were messed up. My spine was in good shape, but my muscles were f*cked. Dr. Lundy recommened 2 visits a week for 4 weeks; 1 visit a week for 4 weeks, then we would re-evaluate. The first time I got treatment it was really painful, but not as bad as the spasms I'd had. She told me that the first few times I would feel worse when I left - like I'd been beat up. No kidding! But I've had 7 visits now and what a difference! I'd stopped taking the useless drugs I had when I started there, which makes me happy. I'm not a pill popper and don't like to take meds if I don't have to. At the beginning, I would occasionally take a couple of Tylenol if needed, but that's it. Now, I can make it through the day with nothing. Dr. Lundy is a saviour.

No comments: