Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Great Find


I was wandering around the little LCBO store downtown one day a couple of weeks ago looking for a bottle of wine, but not really sure what I was in the mood for. I grabbed a couple of staples that I like to keep on hand "just in case", but wanted to try something new. The clerk steered me to an amazing selection. It's from Spain and is made from the Tempranillo grape. It's Los Milinos Gran Reserva by Felix Solis Bodegas. But, get this...the bottles on the shelf were 1997 vintage! And, better yet - it was $13.50.
J and I opened it that evening and WOW! This wine is at it's peak. It's a beautiful deep ruby colour and was so flavourful - cherries & spice. It was like velvet in my mouth. Soooo smooooth. We liked it so much, we went out and bought a case. I'm not sure how much of this is still hanging around, but I would highly suggest checking it out. This is, so far, the deal of the year.

1 comment:

Harmonia said...

Is that a vegan wine? Awesome! Neat new layout!

Sabres, btw.

:)