Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Trouble With Bryan

Gaia left a comment on the previous post and said "By the way, you haven't mentioned Bryan A. in a while...is everything ok between you too? :D"
Well, not really. Actually, we're in a bit of a tiff. Since a girl feels the need to pour out her heart (and hurt) to friends, I know you'll all sympathize & understand.

OK....you all know my long time boy, Bryan. We connected back in the '80's. He looked so cute - like this.


And I looked pretty much the same as I do now. Only much slimmer with Farrah Fawcett-like hair and blue eyeshadow. I was very cool in my North Stars & jean jacket. We've been together for over 25 years now and I still like listening to him sing those cheesey, sappy love songs.

But, I haven't seen him in a while because he seems to insist on touring all the time. Geez! Today he's in Latvia; then off to Estonia, Finland & Russia. Bryan, you gotta come home!

Recently, I heard some fantastic news. BA is coming to Toronto! He's doing a show at the
ACC on Feb. 28. I found out the concert is a fundraising event for Sunnybrook Hospital with Josh Groban and fellow Canadian artists - Sarah McLachlan and Jann Arden. It's to raise money for a hospital facility to help sick newborns and mothers who have high-risk pregnancies. I think it's a great cause! Only problem is, the cheapest tickets are now at $300 a piece!! And the seats aren't that good even. I'm not paying $300, but has my VIP pass arrived yet? No - and I think I know why! THIS!! All the Jordache jeans and Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific in the world can't compete with Elle.

Give him time. He'll come around, because he knows what's good for him. Me! He'll show up at the store with my VIP pass, a load of flowers, pick up a case of wine; we'll make up and all will be good with the world.

5 comments:

MeloMeals said...

He is still HOTT!!!

Silly Bryan... he will come around.

Judy said...

You know, I've never really gotten the whole Bryan Adams thing, though I do love 'summer of 69'

Candi said...

Rumors. All silly rumors. We know where Bryan's heart is, Carrie! ;)

What a funny post. You are adorable, and I hope Bryan sees this blog soon and apologizes for all the tabloid rumors. (and brings a case of wine...)

urban vegan said...

I had all his albums.

High Power Rocketry said...

: )