Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Beaujolais Nouveau

Tomorrow is the third Thursday in November. This is an exciting day in the wine world. At 1 minute past midnight, it's the release of Beaujolais Nouveau!

This is such a fun wine. To learn more about this annual event, check out this site -
Beaujolais Nouveau Time for all kinds of facts and fun.
According to the winemakers, the 2006 crop is as good as 2005.

I'm going into work early to see what they have in and to pick up a few bottles.
I'll see you at the
LCBO!

8 comments:

blueVicar said...

Le Beaujolais Nouveau Est Arrivé!

I'm in France and just heading out to see how the day is progressing...though, I honestly hope that since it is not quite 9 a.m. there aren't too many Beaujolais celebrants taking to the streets!

Hope the festivities in Canada are fun. The list of expatriate blogs celebrating the new wine is growing!

Santé!

Meilleurs vœux!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really wish I were more of a wine drinker!

Anonymous said...

three cheers for le beaujolais noveau!

Anonymous said...

What a fun event to celebrate!!!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

such a pretty label! i'd celebrate that & i love me some red wine. :o) carrie, i've moved - hope you'll update me & visit when you get a chance. have a wonderful weekend. :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reminder, Carrie! We are going out and getting some Beaujolais tonight. That stuff is great, and I love the tradition of celebrating when they come out in November- cheers!

Anonymous said...

ohhh ...You make me wish I could drink wine.. You are very enthusiastic and its quite catchy.. I am truly horribly allergic - I get a migraine w/ the smallest of sips.

High Power Rocketry said...

What about Coutes Du Rhone? Lol I dont know anything about wine.