Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sesame Tofu

I've been using La Dolce Vegan so much lately, Sarah's other books have been languishing on the shelf. I pulled out The Garden of Vegan and made the simplest dish in the entire world. This is such a great recipe for weeknight cooking as the effort involved is practically nil. This dinner can be on the table in under half an hour. I kid you not!!


Here we have TA-DAAA!! Sesame Tofu. This recipe has 6 ingredients and that includes the olive oil required to fry it in. It's unbelievably good. The measurements in the book are for 1/2 a pound of tofu and it yeilds 1-2 servings. I used a pound package, doubled the other FOUR ingredients and had leftovers to take to work for lunches.

I made packaged garlicy ginger noodles and steamed some mixed veggies and voila! Dinner was served before 8pm for a change. Amazing!

10 comments:

R2K said...

: ) looks great!

Not So Vivacious Vegan said...

Simple dinners rock. The tofu looks yummy. I don't have that cookbook. I guess I'm going to add it to the ever-increasing list of "must haves."

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love simple dinners, and this one looks delicious! I have that cookbook, and bet I have all 6 ingredients too! Lol! I love that about Sarah's books.

Great job on the dinner!! Also, thank you so much for the nice comments on my blog! :) :) You have done so much to help fight against the Seal Hunt, and should be proud of your efforts!!

~Candi
http://candi2400.blogspot.com/

Harmonia said...

Yum! Oh! I also replied to your comment on my blog Re: Rockstar! I will have to check out your post as well...look for another comment from me!

vegchic2(Jody) said...

looks great and I dig that it only took 6 ingredients. I've got that cookbook, so that recipe gets added to long queue of items I'd like to try.

I'm jealous that you and Meagan made it to the food fair, even if you didn't see each other. A few years ago, I was in Toronto and missed the food fair by one weekend. I was bummed out about that!

The pics were great and reminded me of my trip there. We took the ferry around the islands there and I believe one of the photos is looking out at that same body of water.

Yay hockey season!

Crystal & Ryan - Café Cyan said...

That looks so good! I'm thinking about having a tofu training session with Ryan's mom soon. I should include this recipe in there too.

-Crystal

Anonymous said...

It looks good! I've been trying to do more with tofu, this is a great idea that sounds super easy. I might have to try it!

Meaning, that book is now on my list like Vivacious Vegan haha.

-Tania

kleo2 said...

That sesame tofu looks so great, oh girl!! Are you SURE it's easy? 'cause i'm the "smush up the tofu into crumbles 'n' throw some oil 'n' Bragg's in the frying pan" kinda girl. I love what you did. It must have tasted outrageous. And as well for the ginger noodles with, i assume, tons of glorious garlic!!!

Pamela said...

That looks really good Carrie. Is it very flavourful?

The soy feta is a brand called sunergia soy foods. They have a website, but it doesn't have the soy feta on it: www.sunergiasoyfoods.com

Melissa West said...

This looks delicious. Thanks for the recommendations!