Saturday, September 02, 2006

Prom

With school getting ready to start again, I realized that I never did post the picture of Jade & Mike going to his prom. This photo was taken in June. Aren't they so cute?




This got me thinking and reminising about my prom. Yes, it was a looooong time ago. I graduated from high school in 1982. This upcoming school year will mark 25 years!! Geez, what the hell happened to all that time?

Just for shits & giggles, I'm going to post a couple of pictures from my prom night. I went with Adam Bentley. He was my first true love and I was soooo crazy about him.

I've got a goofy look on my face in this picture. I think I was talking, which wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Don't you love the hair and the blue eyeshadow? HA!


Oh my goodness - I was so slim then.

The last time I saw Adam was about 12 or 13 years ago when I had taken a trip home to Fredericton for my cousin's wedding. He was in town visiting his mom and dad and we ran into each other at a club downtown. He looked pretty much the same - jeans & a t-shirt and still drinking Labatt's Blue. He told me I looked great. (I was even still slim at this point) We chatted for a bit and then his friend arrived, so he said he had to take off. He leaned in and said "I still love you ya know."
And I haven't seen him since. Last I heard he was still teaching in Manitoba. His mom has since passed away his dad has retired from the universtity, so I don't know if Mr. Bentley even lives in Fredericton anymore.

You never forget the first person you fell in love with. I'd like to hear "first love" stories from some of the other bloggers.

11 comments:

Dreena said...

What a darling post - you are adorable... then & now!

Sounds like he regrets 'letting you get away'... awwww, so sweet. :)

Love the Farrah-do too (as well as the blue eyeshadow), oh and the big 'ol corsages!!!

cute, cute, cute.

KleoPatra said...

Carrie, i LOVE the trip down memory lane! I should have looked so beautiful at my senior prom (1983!) as you do here. You are adorable. Beautiful in blue. I wore a lavender dress (w/matching lavender eyeshadow of course) to mine. My date (with whom i was fixed up with as i didn't get asked!) wore a blue tux! Oh, that is so funny to think about. Adam is a cutie, no wonder you liked him!

That story about how you ran into him and what he said... thta is so sweet.

"I still love you ya know."

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!! That is really melting my heart right now!!!

I posted about my first crush, David, from the third grade, a while back. He came out to SoCal for a visit w/his daughter, Marley... we talk more now than we did when i was crushed out.

What about Adam did you like best? I would love to hear more about him!!!

And whose awards are those behind you in the photo where he is totally smirking at you!? SO CUTE!!!

By the way, on my post... it was Peter and Peter's dad's b'days. His mom's was in late July. No biggee, just to clarify. My post probably is not clear at all. Long night at work here!!!

And Jade and Mike look lovely as a couple. Very gorgeous, the both of 'em, Carrie.

Thanks for sharing part of your life w/us. Super cool! And so are you!

Dr. Melissa West said...

Carrie, what a sweet story. You can tell by that second photo how much the two of you loved each other. I still remember my first love, Steve, I often wonder how he is doing. Haven't seen him since we broke up. We were 15 and had a long distance relationship... it just became too inconvenient considering both of us couldn't drive! LOL! He was a sweetie.

madeinalaska said...

ahh.. how cute.. got me to thinking who was my first love? man i went through a lot of toads.. to finally get to kiss my prince many many years later.. my hubby..
those photos of you are sooo 1982... i don't know if i would post my prom pic 1988.. big hair.. very big hair! ekkk!

funwithyourfood said...

I love the hair- you look adorable.

hmm first love, wasn't that long ago that it ended. BADLY. he's with a married women. eekk
that's enough of that. thank goodness richard found me :)

Teddy

theONLYtania said...

I really like those pictures of you! I love looking back at stuff like that. I like the feathered haircut, hehe!

I feel so bad but I must not keep up with your journal enough, who are Jade and Mike? That is a great picture of them!

Carrie™ said...

It's OK Tania. Jade is my step-daughter (Jim's daughter) and Mike is her boyfriend. And I agree, it is a great picture of them. :o)

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute picture of them..Jade sure has grown up. Brings back memories of your high school prom doesn't it? Those were the good old days!

Tanya Kristine said...

oh GOD I LOVE IT!!!

Tanya Kristine said...

my first love, along with #2, #3, #4, #5-#12, were all painful.

i choose to not remember them.

but i had the same hair. becuase we're from the same era...God...we're from an 'era' now.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry I was there the night she ran into aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddaaaaaaammmmmm LOL. Jade is absolutly GORGEOUS!!! WOW! she could model!