I was tagged by Gaia over at Live It Up Vegan! and also by Dynise at Urban Vegan to list the top 5 things I think everyone should eat before they die. I guess it's a more interesting way of listing my top 5 favorite foods. These are foods I get really excited about. The list probably won't be much of a surprise to anyone. Here we go!
1) A really good wine. Something spectacular from Bordeaux or Burgundy. A nice dry riesling from Alsace (or even Ontario. There are some really good rieslings here.), and one of my all-time favorites Veuve Clicquot.
2) Cheese. This is one of my biggest downfalls. I like cheese. Almost all kinds of cheese. Brie, a nicely aged Cheddar, Havarti, Wensleydale, Gouda (especially smoked), Parmesan, Feta, a smooth creamy goat cheese. The only ones I'm not keen on are Swiss or Blue. I can eat Danish blue, but not the English stuff.
3) Maple. Ever since I can remember, the flavour of maple has been a favorite. Syrup on waffles or pancakes, maple ice cream, maple cookies, maple sugar, maple butter. I think you get the idea.
4) Sun-dried tomatoes. I do not like a fresh, raw tomato. Cooked, canned, stewed, soup, juice...that's all fine, but what really gets my tastebuds going is the intense flavour of sun-dried tomatoes. So delicious!
4) Falafel. Chickpeas at their finest. Falafel stuffed into a pita is one of the best "sandwiches" going.
5) Now I've been known to cheat a little bit when it comes to these kinds of lists and this one is no exception. Hey, picking 5 things is very difficult. And since some might argue that my number 1 choice is actually a beverage, not food, then I think that should give me some leeway. So, my two-part #5 answer is clementines and strawberries.
Here are two fruits that I stuff myself with when they are in season. Once the end of June hits, I eat strawberries like there's no tomorrow. And then at Christmas time, I buy boxes and boxes of clementines. They are so sweet and juicy. Mmmm!
So, that's a pretty good top 5 list I think. But, like I said, I cheat. So I'm adding something else. This shouldn't be a surprise at all, and some may have wondered why this wasn't number one.
CHOCOLATE! Nothing more really needs to be said about this. It can be enjoyed with my number one choice, even with number 3. And having number 5's dipped into melted chocolate. Oh so good!
Oh, yes, I almost forgot. Something else that would be divine dipped in chocolate......
Even if I could just smell him.
I'd be happy.
OK, gather yourself together Carrie and get on with it.
Now it's time for me to tag others and keep this going. I'm going to try to name people I haven't seen tagged on other blogs. So my list of five is:
1) Karen of PrettyPennyGirl
2) Megan of Megan The Vegan
3) Melissa of Cooking Delights
4) Crystal & Ryan of Cafe Cyan
5) Shannon of Your Sweet Bippy
And since I cheat, I'm also tagging Jody from VegChic and Tanya Kristine from Are You My Mother? Come on TK, don't let me down. I wanna see your list. I wanna see everybody's list. So, you're all tagged. GO!