Sunday, October 16, 2005

Pillows, Blankets and Stones


OK. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to be organized. I'm a control freak and completely anal about some things. Make that most things. So, with that in mind let me tell you that we're moving next month. It's a nightmare for J. I'm sure. I've been packing for a month. Slowly. Things that don't get used very often went first. I carefully wrapped breakables, made sure I utilized all available space in the boxes, taped and labelled with great gusto. Then would instruct J. on which boxes to take to the shop for safe storage until move day. Once everything has arrived in the new place, it will be easy to know which boxes go where because they've been properly labelled. Great. Makes it easier to find what you're looking for when you're entire life is encased in cardboard. Organization is key!

Now, work has been a cauldron of stress for the past two weeks. I'm eating too much, drinking too much, sleeping too much and bitching too much. I really don't like myself lately. When I finally dragged my fat ass out of bed yesterday, I was in panic mode. We're moving in less than a month!! Holy shit - I've got to get packing. Where the hell did all this crap come from? I'm not a pack rat. I didn't realize we had so much "stuff". As the day wore on, it didn't seem like I was acomplishing much. The one thing I did was waste time. I could feel panic setting in again. I needed to relax. A nice glass of wine would help. So I proceeded to waste more time, which wasn't limited to, but did involve drinking too much Reisling followed by a Cabernet Franc chaser. Trying to motivate myself, I just starting hauling things out of closets and drawers and putting them into boxes. I now have a boxes labelled with things like "Blankets, Pillows, Baking Stones". Where the hell am I going to put this box when we move? In the bedroom? In the kitchen? Now I'm obsessing about organization again!! My mind won't stop. I need to lighten up. The best way to do that is with a thick slice of bread, a chunk of cheese and a glass of wine, then a little power nap and I'll wake up refreshed and ready to pack some more.

I suck.


No comments: